* “I was starting a job with a new airline and my speech started to deteriorate with the stress of training. I thought I was not going to be able to make it through the rigors of the training environment and initial flying experience in a new plane with new things that had to be said on demand. Lori helped me a great deal by getting me back to the fundamentals of speaking that I knew from therapy, but was not applying them properly. After five sessions with Lori, I was able to more comfortably continue with the training process and now I am progressing well with continued practice. Lori was great at getting me back on target.” (Matt, airline pilot, adult who stutters)
* “Lila started kindergarten this month. We wanted to let you know that she was screened by her school speech therapist this week. When we told the speech therapist that Lila had received services for stuttering, she said she would have never known. Lila does not stutter anymore and we can’t thank you enough.” (Kelli and Matt, parents of Lila)
* “My son was 2 and non-verbal when he met Lori.
LIDCOMBE WORKS- “We took our daughter, Angelina to Lori for speech therapy for about a year. We are very happy with the results. Angelina started stuttering when she was approximately 2.5 years old and was becoming aware of her speech problem. On her worst days she could not say a word, which worried my wife and I tremendously. My wife Victoria found Lori’s information online and we visited Lori in Long Island (from NJ) and started the Lidcombe Program. Over the next year, Angelina’s stuttering rating dropped from 9 to 10 (very severe) to a virtually unnoticeable pauses in our daughter’s speech. My wife and I are very thankful to Lori for working with our daughter and helping her overcome stuttering.” (Steve and Victoria M, NJ-daughter Angelina, 4 years old now)
* “I truly believe my son would not be talking in sentences today if it wasn’t for your help.” “Your understanding of language and processing made all the difference in the world. “(Linda, parent of an 11 year old autistic boy)
* 12 year old girl- Dear Lori: Thank you so much helping me with my stuttering. You are an amazing speech therapist. Now I am in middle school. I am able to present , answer questionsand even read aloud. Other therapists did not help me like you did. You changed my life! If I know anyone that stutters in the future I will recommend you to them. I’m sure that you will change their lives. Thank you for your hard work. (Sam W, age 12-June 2011)
* 6 year old-We are so glad we brought our son to you as he entered kindergarten. You helped him learn how to learn so many new words and improve his spelling. Thank you Lori (parent of a 6 year old with reading and writing issues)