Lori Melnitsky, MA CCC-SLP, has been an ASHA certified and NYS/NJ licensed speech/language pathologist for over 25 years and has helped hundreds of children, teens and adults in her diverse professional lifetime. She has witnessed preschoolers eliminate stuttering as well as older students and adults transform from stuttering to fluent and confident speakers.
She has completed advanced training in Lidcombe stuttering, MPI-2 Stuttering biofeedback program, fluency intensive stuttering training, PROMPT, and Orton Gillingham.
Lori served as a consultant to the children’s television show Arthur for a special episode on stuttering. She was featured in Newsday following the King’s Speech and was an honored guest at the premiere due to her expertise on the subject of stuttering. Lori is one of the few speech pathologists to be trained by Dr. Roger Ingham in California on the Modified Phonation Interval 2 (MPI-2) program which has helped teens, college students and adults achieve more fluent lives with confidence and evidenced based skills.
Lori stuttered severely up until her early 20’s. She could not participate in class, call friends on the phone or say her name. She turned her life around to help others and herself.
Her daughter stuttered as a child but stopped with intervention. Lori has family members with dyslexia and ADHD which led her into a life coaching role as well to inspire others to succeed. This inspired her to begin a path to help others read,write and spell. She was one of the first Speech Pathologists on Long Island to become Prompt Certified for apraxia and Oral Motor therapy. Lori also took courses in feeding and works with the early intervention population.
She was honored to have written the forward for a book on stuttering called Jason’s Secret. She is a published author in fluency journals.
Her personal background along with her long standing commitment to the field has made her a sought after author, consultant, and presenter both locally and nationally. She has taught at local universities as an adjunct professor and is determined to share the wealth of knowledge and experience she has amassed in her well known and highly regarded private practice, All Island Speech and Stuttering Therapy.
Lori has spoken on the topic of stuttering at The Long Island Speech and Hearing Association, Hofstra University, Long Island University, Hofstra Radio, Molloy College, The National Stuttering Association, Plainview-Old Bethpage School District, Massapequa School District, The Long Island Professional ADHD Consortium, and Hofstra Radio.
You can reach Lori personally and in confidence at Lori@allislandspeech.com.
Continuing Education and Certifications
Multiple ASHA Continuing Education Award Winner
Recipient of Prestigious Awards
- Lidcombe Stuttering Certified Provider
- MPI-2 Stuttering Provider
- Step up to Fluency Provider
- Graduate of fluency shaping intensive programs for stuttering
- Orton Gillingham Trained
- Barton Reading and Spelling Dyslexia Consultant
- Prompt Certified
- Beckman Oral Motor course
- Fast ForWord Reading Provider
- Adjunct Professor in Stuttering
- Town of Oyster Bay -Woman in Healthcare Award
- Fortune 52 Distinguished woman’s award for women in the workplace
- Featured Speaker at the Long Island Speech and Hearing Association (LISHA)
- Speaker at the National Stuttering Association (NSA)
- Speaker at LIPAC on Stuttering and ADHD
- Speaker at Public libraries on dyslexia awareness
- Interviewed on Hofstra Radio
- Published author for fluency journals
- Sensory Motor Approach to Feeding
- Casana Approved Provider
- Stuttering Foundation Referral List
- Graduate of Precision Fluency Shaping Program for Stuttering