How overcoming stuttering changed my life…
Published by Lori Melnitsky
February 13, 2021 6:34 pm
My quest for fluency was endless. It also involved learning how to converse, pause and speak. These are ways that fluency helped me. In a world where math is stressed I can honestly say it had no impact on my life but stuttering did. This is how it helped me:
- Became more confident
- stopped getting laughed at for not saying my name
- Hired as an adjunct professor
- Was interviewed for radio and TV shows
- Became a speech pathologist
- Allowed me to advocate for my children when needed.
- Enabled me to make phone calls.
- Stopped thinking about stuttering and being ashamed from morning to night.
- Gave me strength
- Learned how to fight discrimination.