Twenty things I want you to know about my life, not all stuttering related…
Published by Lori Melnitsky
March 2, 2021 6:49 pm
These are 20 things to know about me, not all stuttering related…
- My family means the world to me. They are the first, second and last thing I think about everyday.
- My dog Parker was my buddy and followed me everywhere. He helped my clients talk and remain calm.
- While raising my daughters I wanted them to have compassion and empathy (and they do..)
- I was told I could not become a speech pathologist by many speech pathologists and professors. (They were so wrong)
- I am trained in ADHD and dyslexia too.
- I am a fighter and do not give up.
- My clients are my passion and fill my life with purpose.
- Watching my bright younger daughter beaten up by a public school system was brutal and she deserved better.(ADHD and dyslexia-so misunderstood)
- Watching the same daughter fight back and excel was amazing but seeing her smile was even better.
- Watching my older daughter public speak blew me away but also seeing her smile was even better.
- My husband is my friend, supporter, love and encourages me beyond words.
- I jumped off a building ten feet high at the age of 14. (Not one of my better moves).
- I could not say hello on the phone and hung up if my friends did not answer the phone.
- I love helping others succeed.
- At the age of 16 I went for a job as a camp counselor. The director told me I stutter and could not work at the camp.
- My parents and brother always supported me. My dad stuttered and is my inspiration.
- I used to pray daily to stop stuttering.
- I have spoken in front of 100 people (not bad for someone who could barely say their name)
- I assisted on the children’s show Arthur on the episode on stuttering.
- I appeared in Newsday for the King’s Speech.
- #stuttering #stopstuttering #lorimelnitsky #speechtherapy